Friday, September 30, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Interested in buying a home?
Now is the time to get your degree from HIP Services’ Free Homebuyer University
This 8-hour homebuyer workshop will arm you with the knowledge and confidence to jump into the real estate market and make the right choices for you.
Workshop topics will include:
· Getting your financial ducks in a row
· How much house can I afford? (And do I want as much house as I can afford?)
· Will the bank say YES?
· Don’t lose your shirt – how to avoid predatory lenders
· How do I buy a foreclosed property and do I want one?
· Where to find free down payment money…sort of
· The daunting closing documents and procedures
· I got my dream house – now what??
· Am I in to stay? How to avoid foreclosure
Location and Time:
Upper Marlboro, MD
Saturday October 8, 2011
9am to 5pm
**Lunch will be served**
MATERIALS: You will receive a valuable workbook filled with information, examples and resources for buyers.
DEGREE AWARDED: Upon completing the 8-hour class, you will receive a “Certificate of Completion” which is a prerequisite to applying for many downpayment/closing cost assistance programs, including the Prince George’s County My Home Program, and the State of Maryland CDA Program.
REGISTER: To register for the workshop, have your client contact Cherelle Silue at 301-699-8031.
PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY, DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT LAUNCHES THE BUY SUITLAND HOMEOWNERSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The Buy Suitland Program has started accepting new applications
The Buy Suitland Program offers income eligible, credit worthy first time home buyers up to $40,000 in down payment and closing costs assistance to purchase foreclosed or short sale properties in the following census tracts:
8018.02; 8019.02; 8020.01; 8020.02; 8021.05; 8024.05; 8024.06
Additional information on the program, including training schedules can be found at: www.princegeorgescountymd.